School Health Services
It is true that it takes an entire community to raise a child. However, there are two sectors that are most important in ensuring that children reach their full potentials and become whole- Health and Education.
To achieve this, it is important to combine the efforts of these sectors through a School Health Service. Integrating health promotion and the concept of wellness into all aspects of the school community improves physical, mental and socio-emotional well-being as well as the outcomes of student learning.
There are more evidence-based reasons why a School Health Service is necessary:
- There’s increased stress and time pressure on children and their families
- Healthier children perform better academically
- Children and youth who are healthier stay in school longer, learn more effectively and be less susceptible to chronic diseases.
- Families that are knowledgeable about health and wellness activities are able to encourage their students to make healthy decisions and pursue active lifestyles.
Cluster4Kidz School Health Services:
- Provides continuing education/awareness programs pertinent to school health
- Provides and recommends diagnostic and intervention services for learning disabilities/difficulties
- Provides wellness services for children, their families and caregivers (medical checks, immunization and non-emergency cases)